At Dohuk British International School, we follow the UK Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. The EYFS curriculum seeks to build a solid foundation of knowledge and understanding upon which the child can build when they begin Key Stage 1. The curriculum is divided into 6 main subject areas. These are:
- Communication, Language and Learning - (Literacy, Spelling, Writing)
- Problem-solving, Reasoning and Numeracy - (Mathematics, Number Work)
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Creative Development - (Art, Music)
- Physical Development - (PE)
At DBIS, we believe that every child matters and that every child has the potential to excel. We nurture each child's individuality and encourage in our students the strongest possible development of their innate skills and understanding.